Chemists, physicists, other scientists and materials experts are engaged day in, day out in designing alloys and the corresponding processes for shaping them. The R&D department is at the heart of the group, advising customers and liaising between them and the various PX departments; it also carries out commissioned research and collaborates with academic institutions.
Research & development
New and special alloys, feasibility studies, expertise, consulting, training, technology evaluation and drafting specifications… The R&D department ensures competent analysis and consulting services.
EXPERTISE, CONSULTING AND TRAINING
- Assistance in choosing materials and technologies
- Drafting of specifications
- Technology assessment
- Evaluation of materials
- Steels, titanium, special alloys
- Precious and copper-based metals
- Biomaterials and dental alloys
- Development of special alloys
- Metallic glasses
- Additive manufacturing technologies (3D)
- Green technologies for recycling and refining
- Sustainable technologies
The R&D department is tasked with developing customer-oriented applications for bulk metallic glasses andadvancing industrial manufacturing.
Metallic glasses are amorphous (non-crystalline) metals which provide exceptional properties compared with conventional metals.
PX GROUP, through its R&D division, is working to develop and to implement industrial manufacturing of metallic glass products based on customer demand.
Chemical processes, corrosion and environment: the department combines all the necessary expertise to develop sustainable processes, study all forms of corrosion, pre-assess biocompatibility, perform laboratory tests and analyses, as well as to provide advice on scientific, technological or normative issues.
- Hydrometallurgy – Metal refining
- Conception and optimization of pilote processes
- Stripping, degreasing and cleansing
- Corrosion testing: generalised, pitting, crevice, inter-granular, under stress, galvanic and cyclic immersion to international specifications (e.g. ASTM G5-87, G78-89 ASTM G 48-85 ASTM A262, ASTM G71-81)
- Tarnishing tests
- Testing of migration and release of elements (EN 1811, EN 71-3)
- Trace analysis of heavy metals
- Support in the development of circular economy
- Development of sustainable technologies
- Developments in Urban Mining
- Assessment of environmental impacts
- REACH, ROHS, CLP or other international regulations
Take it from the R&D department : Every material has a different character and specificities, whether mechanical, chemical or physical. Getting to the heart of matter is the challenge… The R&D laboratory is ISO/CEI 17025/STS 230 accredited for physicochemical analysis of materials, corrosion testing, metallographic analysis and allergen release testing.
COMPOSITION ANALYSIS AND IDENTIFICATION OF MATTER
- X-ray fluorescence
- Electron microscope EDX analysis
- Atomic absorption spectroscope (AAS)
- ICP-OES for precious metals
- Carbon-sulphur analyser
MATERIALS TESTING AND CHARACTERISATION
- Tensile tests class 0.5, up to 100 kN
- Vickers durometers(0.02 – 10 kg)
- Linear and surface roughness measurement
- Foucault current ultrasound
- Ferrite and residual permeability measurement
- Density (gravimetric method)
- Electrical conductivity (4T sensing)
- Development and adaptation of analysis and testing methods
- Metallographic equipment (microscope, polishers, etc.)
- Scanning electron microscope (SEM) with EDX detector
Certificat ISO/CEI 17025
Building and maintaining machines is their business. The Engineering division purchases, develops, upgrades and services production machinery and peripherals. Its role is to ensure that each client has the means to manufacture complex parts, adapted to its needs.
THE ENGINEERING DIVISION DELIVERS CUTTING-EDGE SERVICES IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS:
- Purchase, development and upgrading of production machinery and peripherals
- Manufacture of wear parts and tools for production
- Curative and preventive maintenance of PX GROUP production machinery and peripherals
- Spare parts inventory management
- In-house production of electrical distribution boards and controls, gas distribution boards, mechanical elements, metalwork, wood and plastic joinery, masonry and paintwork
- Upgrading of machinery to safety standards
- After-sales service for machines sold to third-party companies
- Training of apprentice precision mechanics
IT GUARANTEES A HIGHLY COMPETENT AND EXPERT SERVICE THANKS TO:
- Its capacity for innovation, development and renewal
- Its knowledge of cold deformation of metals
- Its command of all technical aspects of maintenance
- Its competitive offering in terms of cost, quality and deadlines